Sunday, June 27, 2010

2010 Harley Trip - Portland, Oregon














Well, we left today after church for our annual-July-Harley-Adventure. We are headed to Portland, Oregon to see Robin's daughter, Tiffany (Jeremy, Gabby and Aiden) and her son, Justin (Tammy). We expect to hit our annual 6,000 miles and take in some outstanding sites God places in our path. I thought I would start the trip by explaining to you why I know I have a Harley wife. Here are my top ten reasons I know I have the perfect Harley wife:

#10 - She lets me fulfill my life long dream of riding a motorcycle cross country (too many "Bronson" shows as a kid growing up) and even suggests we take our third one in a row.

#9 - She can pack all she has to wear for 30 days on the rode in a little bag that fits alone in her saddle bag.

#8 - When she realizes she really can't fit everything in that bag from the selection she really wants to bring and has to decide between a top that matches her purse and a little nighty ... she picks the little nighty.

#7 - When she is on the back of the bike and I don't really even know she is there when I have to lean left or right.

#6 - When she is on the back of the bike and is wearing a tank top and it causes all the other bikers to stare for a very long time at my bike like they are admiring my ride.

#5 - When she gets mad at me for posting a picture like the one I did on this blog posting.

#4 - When she can find a Starbucks in cornfield in Iowa.

#3 - When we are eating dinner and some guy comes over and offers her $40.00 worth of coupons for the meal we just ordered that was going to cost me $25.00.

#2 - When we have already gone 350 miles for the day and we still have 50 to go, its late and the heat is pouring off the pipes and she still is says, "If you want to go farther then the 50 I'm up for it."

#1 - When we are going through Iowa on a straight-away and she leans forward and presses herself against my back and whispers, "So, just how fast can this Harley go, anyway?" (Well, no, Robin didn't ask that, but a guy can wish can't he? Plus, 9 out of 10 isn't bad).

We went over 400 miles today and have 1,899 (according to the GPS) to Tiffany's house.

3 comments:

Bonjernoor said...

Sounds like your trips off to a great start! We are sooo excited for you to get here!!!!

tandj warber said...

Yay! We can't wait to see you guys!

Kristie said...

everything sounded just like her until I got to #10..... duh! robin would never say that :)